418ministries Statement of Faith
1. We believe in the triune God – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit – eternally existing as One.
God the Father
2. We believe God the Father, the first person of the Trinity, was principally involved in Creation and is the Sustainer of all He created.
3. We believe the Father begat the Lord Jesus Christ and is the Judge of all.
Jesus Christ, the Son
4. We believe, though Jesus eternally existed, He was born a man by virgin birth.
5. We believe Jesus is the Son of God and Son of Man, two natures in one Person.
6. We believe, in a perfect eternal plan laid before the foundation of the world, Jesus Christ was sent to Earth to die as the substitute for man. His death on the cross satisfied God’s wrath and is alone sufficient to make atonement for all who believe.
7. We believe in the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ, which laid the way for the future resurrection of all believers.
The Holy Spirit
8. We believe the Holy Spirit, the third Person of the Trinity, makes belief possible and indwells all who trust in Christ for their salvation.
9. We believe the Holy Spirit is responsible for the continuing work of sanctification of the believer and the glorifying of God in believers’ lives.
10. We believe the 66 books of the Bible to be verbally inspired by God and, as such, inerrant as originally given and the final and supreme authority of life.
11. We believe man was created in the image of God, but fell into sin through our ambassador, Adam.
12. We believe every man is separated from God eternally because of sin and has no way – on his own – of changing his future condemnation.
13. We believe salvation from condemnation is possible only by accepting through faith the atoning work of Jesus Christ on the cross.
14. We believe the Holy Spirit seals those who put their faith in Christ for the Day of Redemption.
15. We believe that though good works do not earn salvation, they will be present in all who truly believe, as a response to God’s gift.
15. We believe the Church is the body of Christ, an unseen congregation of those who have accepted His gift of salvation.
16. We believe the Church is called to identify with Christ in baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
17. We believe the Church is called to witness to Christ’s work, sharing the gospel with all nations, and to adopt the mind of God through study of His Word.
18. We believe in the future, visible, bodily return of Jesus Christ to set up His kingdom on Earth.
19. We believe God will judge those who have not put their faith in Jesus Christ, and unbelievers will be excluded from fellowship with Him forever. This is called the second death, or hell.
20. We believe Christians will be pardoned for their sin and judged for the work they did for Christ, and they will reign with Him and enjoy His fellowship eternally. This is called paradise, or heaven.